Friday, February 25, 2005

The importance of reading

Most of us in the blogosphere have the inate ability to read. Most of us cn even read in English. Unfortunately, most of us are restricted by the almighty dollar from reading everything we want. Twenty bucks for a book is awfully pricey when you don't know if it's any good or not.

Today I was propositioned by Mind & Media to read and review books in my blog. Unfortunately, I am preoccupied with college at the moment and won't be able to startup until around June. Hopefully I can find the time to read something besides ugly tech manuals by then.

That being said, Stacy, the proprieter of Mind & Media has given me permission to plug her site and extend her offer further. Remember, since it is her site and her decision, she reserves the right to refuse anyone she feels. Mostly though, she's worried about the mongerlaunch (see instalaunch) that may occur at her site once I've posted this. Yeah right, my minions. That's funny.

Honestly though, she didn't tell me that in the e-mail, but I'm making sure to protect her rights. I'm not sure exactly how selective she is, but I'd like to think she can chose who she wants.

Anyway, here's the text of the e-mail she sent me:
Dear Jeremy,

I was reading your blog American Warmonger and decided that I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to a new blog I've created called Mind & Media - http://mindnmedia.blogspot.com

The reason I started this blog is because I just started a publicity company with the purpose of promoting authors, films and other media through the use of bloggers.

And since we are all bloggers I wanted to invite you to join me. I am currently in the process of selecting bloggers to review books and other things in the future, like film. I've already promoted Reagan; In the Face of Evil dvd, and now I'm starting with selected authors.

I need you to review these books and let your readers know about them.

This is how it works, I will send you a free book, and just ask in return that you link it on your blog with a review. You can blog as you read the book, or read the book first and then blog about it. But I would want the book graphic and the link I will provide on your blog the whole time you have the book - at least for a month.

If you are interested in joining me, please respond to this email by clicking the reply button and I will add you to my list. Then when I have a new book going out, I'll contact you.

You can also visit the website for the latest interviews and promotions I have going on.

Thanks!

Stacy L. Harp
Mind & Media

and also the blogger of E-Involved and MediaSoul
http://www.einvolved.org
http://mediasoul.typepad.com

She gave me her phone number too, but I'm not going to let that out. Yes, I know you can go to the library to check out free books, but you don't actually get the opportunity to write a review, or keep the book for an entire month. I checked the size of the ads she's requesting as well. Here is a sample:



I stole her bandwidth to present this to you. I felt it only fair to make the declaration under fear of being Austined.

Now you have all of the facts as I have them. It gives you an opportunity to read free books and provide an online repository of reviews from real people like you and me. If this sounds like an interesting proposition to you plese don't hesitate to e-mail her. What could it hurt?

No comments: