Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Images of hope 11

Yes, I know. I skipped a day. So sue me. I got a good one though. Actually, I've found a whole series of good ones. I'm going to try not to use any military pics this week.

The first pic comes from The Lundquist's Weblog.

The header starts like this:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003

Welcome to our weblog, the following photos were taken this past April on our trip to Guatemala with a medical team from Spokane specializing in plastic surgery, dentistry, also students from Bellarmine University in KY. The trip was organized by Hearts In Motion. Hearts In Motion is a non-profit, non-denominational charity focusing on the needs of children and families. They do incredible work in Guatemala. Their home page is www.heartsinmotion.org.


Peace Corp worker and the always smiling Dr. Stein from Chicago. The doctors and nurses and helpers were so dedicated; they worked long hours in this tremendous heat starting early in the morning and often were not back to the hotel until late at night. Dr. Stein called this his vacation!

I'm guessing they've got more recent pictures, but these appear to be representative of the work that is still going on today. I'll be sending an e-mail to ask for more recent pics.

No comments: