Saturday, January 15, 2005

Michelle Malkin: BODY POLITICS

Okay, this is the kind of person that ticks me off.

"I sort of felt ashamed, and didn't really want to be associated with being an American," said Rothchild, who lives in New York City and voted for John Kerry.


Hey! Guess what chuckles! You don't have to be associated with America! There are loads of countries out there that will take a goober like you! Go forth and find one!

Mostly, it's just his comment that ticks me off. I'm proud to be an American even though he's not. He had the right to vote for anyone he wanted to. He should be proud that he voted for Kerry. In fact, I'm proud that everyone who voted for Kerry did so. Of course, I'm prouder that more people came out to vote for Bush but that's a different story.

The point is that many people don't realize that other countries don't have the same freedoms we do. Try to get a party together to vote out Chirac. It won't happen. He's got control and won't let go of the reigns. They don't vote the same as we do anyway. Hell, take a look at what happened in the Ukraine. The opposition candidate was poisoned for cripes sake. Your ability to vote is an exercise in freedom that a sparse few other countries have. Be proud of it.

As for the other aspect of the article, the count me red and count me blue bracelets seem to me as an attempt to further divide us as a people. Is there a count me purple bracelet out there? Yes, I know. The purple link doesn't exist. I guess we really are a nation divided. Maybe we should change the republican color from red to grey so it could be like old civil war times? (Absolutely no racial connotations intended, especially considering what Monday is.)

No comments: