Saturday, November 20, 2004

Yet another membership

The Alliance of Bloggers has approved of my site. I'm in yet another group. I know none of you really care about how this happend but here's the way it went down (YEAH, SUFFER BABY!):

I've seen their banner here and there but never really thought about it. At first,I thought it was a group of Instaloser dittoheads. I didn't think much about it and moved on with my life.

Later I discovered the art of NewsFeeds. I had run across a conservative reader on the Pusillanimous Wanker II website named Pirate's Cove. (well, his real name is William Teach but I'll just use his site name...crap! I just realized I haven't blogrolled him yet. I'll have to fix that.) Anyway, he was writing about this really ùber-cool tool called FeedReader. I downloaded it and played with it for a while but it wasn't quite what I thought a news reader should be so I started hunting. Eventually, I found a reader called Active Web Reader that I really liked the style of and began plugging in everyone on my blogroll since it will do web pages as well as news feeds.

One site I came across was the bamapachyderm (love the url BTW) aka MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Unfortunately, Beth's site causes AWR to freak out and lock up my computer (mine does as well) so I decided to investigate. Beth had up an alliance banner and well, I clicked it.

To my surprise it was a group of bloggers that's sole purpose was to take down the juggernaut Instamonkey: Glenn Reynolds. At first I was thinking "Hey! Instapunt-it ain't that bad! It's Kos and Atrios that stink!" But the more I thought about it the more I realized that Commupundit was the antichrist. I had to stop this man at all costs less he rule all of blogdom forever! (sorta like that guy who found a way to kill Lord British on Ultima Online) It is our mission as free bloggers to stomp this blog-dictator...blogtator into the ground. We must smoke him from his IP!

It was at this point I complied with all of their silly commandments and requested to be blessed by the hostess. (Okay, it's not as silly as it sounds. Go check it out if you're not already a member.) A few days passed and I was a bit miffed. Nothing, nada, zero, zilch! Not even a "Thank-you anyway, but your site STINKS!" So I had nearly given up.

Then, today, as I was perusing the guest-map I noticed a new pin. It was the Hostess! HOORAY! She had finally visited my site to check my papers. (blog compliance. If you've been to Politiburo Diktat you should get the joke.) I hadn't been ignored after all!

But was I going to be accepted? Would they let me in? Was I a Revolutionarie? I didn't have to wait long until I knew. Even before I recieved a confirmation e-mail(which I still haven't recieved because hotmail has been slow as snail mail lately) I recieved a comment from Billy Budd saying: "Fellow Alliance member, just checking out who else is flying the flag. like the blog and will surf it." Yes! Victory!! I'm a member! WooHoo!


...and they lived hapily ever after.

The End

(I'm trying out inebriated blogging. How's it look?)

No comments: