Thursday, October 14, 2004

"Exaggerations"

I'm not going to give you a blow by blow of the debate. I'll just cut it down to the two broadsides at their source. Everybody I work with gimaced in unison to both of these, including our poor misled democrat. (He's excused, he's a card carrying actor.) I'll flirt with more from the debate but I'm not going to "punditize" it. These are best served in pure form:

BUSH: Gosh, I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those "exaggerations".

"BUSH: I want to remind people listening tonight that a plan is not a litany of complaints, and a plan is not to lay out programs that you can't pay for.
He just said he wants everybody to be able to buy in to the same plan that senators and congressmen get. That costs the government $7,700 per family. If every family in America signed up, like the senator suggested, [it] would cost us $5 trillion over 10 years.
It's an empty promise. It's called bait and switch."

No comments: