Friday, August 13, 2004

Sorry, I've been busy

My apolgies to anyone who has been reading me. I've been trying to learn a bit of the HTML in this site. I really stink at it but I'm getting better. Eventually, I plan on completely revamping it but that is well into the future. Although I've been writing papers for many years, this is the first time I've thrown it on the net.

Above and beyond that, the other thing that has been sapping all my time and energy has been refinancing my mortgage. Something of note for anyone who wants a kick-but rate on a first or refinanced mortgage is to wait for bad jobless rates on the news. I know it sounds like kicking the unempoloyed when they're down but it really works. Last Friday, the new job rate was much lower than expected. It caused the mortgage rates to fall about 1/2 to a full point overnight. I called my mortgage company and locked in my rate at 5.5% for a 30year VA streamline refinance. The next day the rate had jumped back up to 5.825%. It's still better than the 6+percent it was the week before though. Hopefully, these words of wisdom passed to me from a 15 year veteran of the home mortgage business will be benificial to someone else out there.

Until then, enjoy some of the links I finally figured out how to do while I work on a research paper dealing with nukes in Iraq. It should be posted before Monday.

P.S. If anyone has a problem with me linking to them let me know and I'll take you off. I really don't want to do something to piss any of you off. You've all been very good to this blog n00b.

No comments: