Saturday, August 28, 2004

Is Ed Koch really a Democrat?

I was watching The O'reilly Factor last night and managed to catch his two minute interview with Ed Koch, the former mayor of New York. Lets just say he really didn't sound like a Democrat. As I was not really paying attention I only caught three statements but the were pretty damning. Now I'm wondering if he's just our mole into the DNC. Here's what I heard:

1. I believe questioning Kerry's military record is wrong, just like questioning Bush's military record is wrong.

If you've noticed, this is only the second time I've mentioned anything about a candidate's record on this blog. I think it's complete crap to be questioning the war record of anybody, especially one that happened over 30 years ago. (Noted correction by Toni) Jesse "TheBody/governor" Ventura admitted to some fairly spicy things that went on in Vietnam. He turned out to be quite possibly the best percieved governor of Minnesota but in reality screwed up the state worse than it already was. A man's war record shows absolutely nothing about how well he will do in office. Many great chickens have been even greater leaders. If you don't believe me check out Redhunter's assessment of veterans vs. non-veterans in time of war. It's wrong and it doesn't prove a damn thing.

This is why I've done my best to boycott the subject. If you want to comment on it feel free, I'll listen, I may even debate talking points. However, this is the first and last time I'm going to do it. Back to Ed Koch:

2. The Democratic party doesn't have the stomach to defeat terrorism.

No, I didn't type it wrong. These are the words he said. I just about had to clean my shorts on that one. He sounded more Republican than just about anybody I've ever heard. Are we sure this guy's a Democrat? If you've noticed, the Democratic party has found a line of almost complete jingoism. It is close to impossible to find one, a democrat, saying anything negative right now. Did he just wake up one morning and forget what party he's with? Whatever happened to him, I think I like it.

We've always known that the Democratic party is weak when it comes to the military. They have never once gone out on a limb and say that war is the right thing to start now. They have always ben the one's suckling on the UN's teat and seeing how far they could bury their heads up their UN posteriors. Honestly, I can't remember when the last time the UN has actually decided on a military action. Can anybody else think of one?

This next one echoes my sentiments exactly:

3. It's better for us to be over there killing them (the terrorists) than for them to be over here killing us.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I could care less about any WMD. The terrorists on 9/11/2001 HAD BOXCUTTERS! If some shmuck with a box cutter can take over a plane and blow the snot out of around 4,000 people I don't think our problems are WMD. The problem is the terrorists, not the nukes.

If you can actually remember back to the time when Powell was presenting their case he stated that the terrorist camps that were already in Iraq Would have the potential to use dirty bombs. This was absolutely true. To make a dirty bomb you do not need to use Plutonium or Uranium. It's actually more effective with other chemicals like cobalt-60 or strontium. These chemicals were taken out of Iraq along with enough low-enriched uranium to make a nuke if enriched further.

One of the first things we did upon our arrival in Iraq was to take out a large terrorist training facility north of Baghdad. Since our arrival and attempt at keeping the peace we've killed more terrorists than anyone had expected. It's amazing to me how many Syrians and Palestinians are in the mix over there. They are trying to fight us on someone else's soil, not our own. Strategically, this was probably the best move our president could have made. I know it sounds as if I'm talking about sacrificing one people for another but...Well...I AM. I'll say it too Mr. Koch: It's better for us to be over there killing them, than for them to be over here killing us.

Update: Ed Koch, the Democrat, will be speaking at the RNC and voting for Bush! He also stated that after this election all bets are off and he'll be looking for his new Republican contacts to convert.

No comments: