Monday, November 22, 2004

You can thank anybody but God on Thanksgiving

Maybe I'm overreacting on this but I doubt it. God has been an integral part of America since day one. We all worship the way we chose or even to chose not to. We do not infringe upon anyone's rights by praying. We don't strike fear in the hearts on non-believers by telling them to: "have a blessed day." I have the right to worship anywhere I want, (except in schools) even military bases. They even have military chaplains. Anyone who says I'm infringing upon their rights when I talk about god/God can go to hell. So let me put this news clip before you so I may rant further on the subject:


ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Maryland public school students are free to thank anyone they want while learning about the 17th century celebration of Thanksgiving (search) — as long as it's not God.


First off, I'd like to thank dysentery and the many other diseases brought with the English on the trip over that killed many of the American Indians. Now we have more land to roam. Next I'd like to thank the trail of tears that killed off countless more American Indians for again, more land. Of course, these thank-you's probably aren't being taught this holiday season. Why stop with thanking direct relations to Thanksgiving. As long as they're "not God".

I'd like to thank Saddam for killing so many of his own people. Without his assistance there would have been no reason to liberate Iraq.

I'd like to thank Stalin. He was the inspiration that Saddam worked off of. He wouldn't have wanted us to thank God either.

I'd like to thank Madalyn Murray O'Hair who spearheaded the movement to abolish god in schools and teach children of religious families that religion has no place in the civil world. But is only for the privacy of one's own life. To be hidden away like a badge of shame if you will.

Most of all though, I'd like to thank Satan for trying to destroy God.

NO!

I would like to thank God, just as the pilgrims did.

As an Ironic note, one of the districts where this article comes from is St. Mary's County Public Schools. Don't some Catholics pray to St. Mary? I guess they'll have to change their name.


No comments: